8 tips to implement SEO on a Facebook page
Last week we were telling some SEO tricks for beginners . Today we will continue in this concept, but moving to the side of social networks. When working with Facebook pages also have to optimize their performance and improve their position in the user searches, although the differences are fundamental with other SEO strategies.
So we’ve compiled a list of 10 tips to optimize the position of our facebook page and improve performance, and to add new followers. Now, when we have these new fans will have to have good content to retain them. But that is another matter, and we have prepared a guide to creating content for social networks .
- Complete all information fields: Facebook lets you insert a lot of information on our website. To do better we must complete as much as we can. For example, information, history, founding date, contact information and more. Even though we may be irrelevant, is first on this list because, in theory, should be the first thing we do when we create a fanpage. But hey, we’re not in an ideal world, and if our page loaded not have this information, should be the first thing you do.
- Keep an identifiable name: another thing we do is keep our keywords in the page name, for example, the brand name and, if necessary, the type of activity, for example. It is essential not to be constantly changing the name of the page, I have seen many brands that have this strategy and bad, not only because our users tide and could cause us to lose scope and interaction, but because we will be penalized. Try to stay with a single name, always.
- Use a Vanity URL: The URL you have our fanpage also crucial. We help position better and have more recognition from users. Therefore, we must take the time to carefully choose the name you’ll use from now on. Because, remember, once you choose the Vanity URL we will be able to change it back.
- Create applications to supplement page: Applications are essential not only for positioning but also to generate more retention among users and provide interesting content. Now if we do not have the budget to develop applications-we know that can be quite expensive, so we will have to improvise and use other free services with which, for example, we can migrate our Twitter stream directly to Facebook or YouTube. It depends on the tastes of each, but applications can not miss.
- Maximize performance with EdgeRank: consider the way Facebook works is critical to properly manage a fanpage. But also help position us better. So remember that photos and videos better position than, say, text-only publications. We have also written a post on how to get Facebook EdgeRank to improve page performance .
- Be direct in your content: the first characters of posts will be those that are indexed by, for example, Google. So we have to be fairly straightforward, and not go wasting time on trivialities like to say good morning or hello in the weekend-it depends on the context, obviously. In the first sentence we have summarized our intentions, and needless to say we should not be doing updates too long as they have the desired effect.
- Use media: not only by EdgeRank, but as a matter of user retention and better positioning. Photos and videos are something that can not be missing in any fanpage, and must have special tabs dedicated to make a showcase of our best content.
- Creates links out of Facebook: seize our official site, or any site we have running, for linking to our Facebook page. You can also add a fanbox for users to connect with us immediately. In a manner similar to that run many search engines, external links are also regarded by Facebook to improve our position in the food web of social networks.
With these 10 tips, we have all the bases covered. In addition to improving our position we will be closer to our customers in many ways. Something to keep in mind is that social networks are a challenge for the position, given the constant changes and challenges for indexing. But slowly we go discovering, through experience, how to improve. Every Facebook page is different, and has its own characteristics. It’s a matter of practicing and error to see what works.Tags: Community Manager, facebook, SEO