Comparison: iPad vs iPad Mini fourth generation
Yes, surprise, the iPad mini and fourth-generation iPad is already a reality, share name but very different. Let’s compare them.
- Dimensions: The iPad Mini stands in dimensions, measures just 7.2 millimeters thick as a pencil, and is 23 percent thinner than the iPad. And, it only weighs 308 grams, is 53 percent thinner.
- Display: As for display, the iPad Mini has a 7.9-inch display with a resolution of 1024×768 pixels in 4:3 ratio while the fourth generation maintains the previous model’s 9.7-inch, plus incorporate the normal and Retina technology.
- Processor: The processor section there is a difference, the fourth generation has a chip A6X be twice as powerful, and therefore consumes more battery, incorporating the A5 inside the Mini.
- Camera: Although the camera is a snap, must be looked after, and therefore the two iPads have an iSight camera with a 5 megapixel sensor capable of taking high quality photos.
- Connectivity: One of the highlights on mobile devices is the Internet connection. Both incorporate LTE connectivity and also Wi-Fi technology is two times faster, ie it is able to reach download speeds of up to 150 Mb/s.
- Autonomy: Autonomy is an important point to keep in mind and have therefore decided that they both battery lasts the same time, which corresponds to about 10 hours of use.
- Lightning: As expected, both wearing the new standard Apple connector, Lightning, superseding the previous 30-pin since leaving the iPhone 5 to market.
- Price: A part of the technical characteristics of the iPads, price plays an important role in the final choice of the consumer. The iPad Mini is available from 329€, for the most basic model of 16 GB, while the fourth-generation iPad is available from €499.