How to Jailbreak devices A4 with iOS 6
Since yesterday is available to the public the latest version of Apple’s mobile operating system, the long-awaited iOS 6 with more than 200 new features including Siri support in Spanish, integration with Facebook and more. But many users of iDevices Jailbreak using their devices, and therefore consider whether it is appropriate for them or not to upgrade to iOS 6 . However, today the iPhone Dev-Team has given us the surprise that is available the first Jailbreak for iOS devices 6.
Of course, by now there are a few things to consider before proceeding with this Jailbreak, which are:
- This is a Tethered Jailbreak type. This means that every time we need to restart the device or extinguish it for any reason, then we want to turn it back on, we connect it to the computer and start it through Redsn0w, the program that we apply the jailbreak.
- For now only supports A4 devices, or what is the same, only compatible with: iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS and iPod Touch fourth generation.
- If your iPhone is released, it is recommended to upgrade to iOS 6 for now.
Once you consider these important points and make a backup using iTunes, we can start making this simple procedure.
Steps to Jailbreak iOS 6
First we need to download a series of files, and of course Windows or Mac computer.
- Download Redsn0w in its latest version 0.9.13 dev 4: For Windows – For Mac .
- Download version 6 for iOS: iPhone 4 GSM – CDMA iPhone 4 – For iPhone 3GS – iPod Touch 4 .
Then we follow the letter and the following steps in order:
- Unzip the file you downloaded Redsn0w and store it in a permanent location
- Run Redsn0w executable file. If you are using Windows do this by pressing the right mouse button and selecting “Run as administrator”. If you are using Mac hold down the Ctrl key and click with the mouse on the file. This will start the tool.
- Select the Extras option in the program, as seen in the picture above.
- Search the IPSW file you downloaded to our device and select it.
- Click “Back” once you choose the IPSW you downloaded and then press the Jailbreak button and then SSH. The following will follow the onscreen instructions, including placing the iPhone or iPod Touch in DFU Mode as indicated by the tool when you ask us to.
Tethered Jailbreak already have on the device, but that’s not all, because missing one last and very important thing to do to enjoy the wonders of Jailbreak.
How to install Cydia
Unfortunately, this version of Redsn0w Cydia has no default, so you will have to follow a series of steps that are to enter commands into the console of your computer.
For Mac is done through the Terminal, but in the case of Windows must use an SSH and WinSCP .
The first thing to do is:
- In Mac: Got the IP address of our device by accessing Settings> WiFi and in this section press on the blue date that appears next to the name of our network. After that we wrote in the terminal:
ssh root@aquí escribimos la dirección IP
- In Windows: With the device connected to the computer, press Ctrl + T.
After this, in the command window, either on Mac or Windows, type the following commands:
wget -q -O /tmp/cyinstall.sh http://downloads.kr1sis.net/cyinstall.sh && chmod 755 /tmp/cyinstall.sh && /tmp/cyinstall.sh
After completing this procedure, see the Cydia icon on the desktop of your iDevice.
How to Reboot a Tethered Jailbreak device
I already mentioned that this procedure is for a type Tethered Jailbreak, meaning that should come on every reboot using Redsn0w. This is very simple really, you should not repeat the process but only connect the terminal off the computer, start Redsn0w as administrator, select the “Extras” and there the option that says “Just Boot”. After following a few instructions on the screen, the terminal will start with Jailbreak. A good recommendation would be to try to turn off the phone as few times as possible, and do, have our computer nearby.
If you follow all this tutorial to the letter you can start enjoying your device iOS 6 with all those wonderful tweaks and applications that only those with Jailbreak can leverage.
Tags: iOS 6, iPhone, iPod Touch, Jailbreak