Some rules to configure notifications on mobile really helpful
notifications mobile phone can be a Chinese or an angel martyrdom helpful organizer of our times. What determines that? Do you have the latest model of smartphone on the market? No. Do you have an operating system where everything is completely integrated or using a more open, where everyone can set up the smallest details? Neither really. It all depends, dear readers, for our needs and above all, the criteria that we have to organize our schedule notifications. Being clear on what we want to focus now and how we want to notify us, we will have won half of the game and you can configure your own system, adapted to us, we organize the day and allow us to be vigilant but not dispersed.
As today’s leading operating systems for Smartphones have notifications and almost every program we use have one or more ways to notify my intention is to outline a number of things to consider before organizing our mobile notifications.
- Book and plan your times: before starting to set, be very clear on what times of day you need not be bothered, what time you devote to check email, task lists and connect to the chat, and at what times of the day and how much time need not be bothered. There will be degrees of alerts, such meetings may be necessary to disable the sounds but not that prescindas visual alerts. These configurations can email your schema change as you see what you need is a good idea but from certain decisions taken.
- The push in the mail is the devil: I know no other mobile mataproductividad in the act of receiving a notification when you receive an email. It seems extreme, and will depend on the type of job you have, but normally one does not work just answering emails, and need to “get out” one or two hours inbox breathing and concentrate on your tasks. A good option is to set the push to alert you every two hours or manually, and you can choose when it queries. In addition, extra point because the push generally use less saves you more battery life.
- Visual alerts can be less invasive: if receive a “ding” every time you turn your head makes towards you off your phone and if you were talking to someone or concentrate on your computer, make visual alerts only see when ‘re not staring at another task you are completing. They can be very useful for example for when we do something on the computer, with mail or chat closed yet we see which emails are coming, without opening but having an idea of how many and their posters.
- Sounds and custom alerts: If you can set different sounds or vibrations for certain people, do not underestimate this option. Thinking a bit remember that there are few people in your life who need to be informed in time if you send a message or call you (parents, children, partners). Leave to set in the phone will be able to rest peacefully off non-urgent and you can see them when you check your messages again be reassured that if you get something from them you will be notified at the time.
- Task lists: Many applications allow you to put an alert on a certain day tasks or time and often put the alert only to not forget, but we do not know if we’ll be busy at that time or not. It is best to create a custom task to check the list at the beginning, middle and end of the day to be doing them in a distributed manner throughout the day, but without alerts to discontinue these or other activities. Some tasks will alerts, for example if we remember to make a call in a certain time, but not all require it.
- The chat on mobile: Some applications for chatting on the phone are very useful to stay connected all the time but we should not leave it connected or so available when we are unable to assist you because it can distract. On the other hand, nothing so annoying to the writer as throwing messages unanswered. Consider keeping as busy or directly off to avoid interruptions and lost messages when you can not devote attention.
- “Do Not Disturb”: Many devices have a function that switches off all sorts of alerts and sounds at certain times or when we decide. Its use is recommended at night and we must not forget that when well rested, uninterrupted, we are more productive the next day. I would also recommend using it for periods of time in the day, for example to start studying a text, or the concentration needed to complete a task.