When should hire Google Apps for Business?
A few days ago, someone asked me if it was really convenient to hire Google Apps for a new business. And I must admit it was a tough question: there are many factors that must be considered. Considering that many people are accustomed to using Gmail and we have a whole suite of products that we can use (like Docs, Calendar, etc.), it is a good idea. But we have to consider some other things, because, unlike Gmail, Google Apps account is not free. Really convenient Is the service?
The answer to this question depends on a number of factors that are entirely personal and vary according to the type of business that we undertake and we already have but we want to change. So let’s focus on a number of axes. Finally, when we talk about Google Apps we are referring to Google Apps for Business, a paid service.
What we have to consider before hiring the service?
- The number of users: if you have a small business two or three partners, should not be too great an expense. They are $ 5 per month per account, and $ 50 per user account per year, which means that each new mail that we have to add cost us some money.
- Storage: with Google Apps also have access to Google Storage Drive. But just about 5GB with this account, in the same way that the free account, so if you have in mind to use more of it, we have to consider other options.
- Do we need all products: to have access to Google Apps Gmail, Calendar, Drive, Docs, and Sites, among other things. Now, are excellent services but we have to ask ourselves if we’re really gonna use. If you need to create collaborative documents then it is perfect for us. If we are to continue using Office or other program to arm our papers, then we can begin to contemplate cheaper options.
- Our growth: if we are projecting growth of the company in a given amount of time, then we have to consider also that we will have to add more email accounts, so we need to increase investment.
- Other options: to be known Google as we may be turning away from other options that are available and can be cheaper. To be synchronized with your Gmail account to get everything synchronized in one place. Google Apps gives us many options but no alternatives should shut ourselves.
With these keys in mind, we can determine whether or not we need in our business Google Apps. My recommendation is to be implemented for mid-sized businesses, which have a projection of future revenue to sustain the investment in this service, which essentially requires the use of all services, such as creative work, to use Docs, and more .Tags: Google Apps for Business, Review