Samsung has released its 2022 line-up of Neo QLED and Lifestyle TVs with a raft of new features including Next-Generation picture quality, more screen size options, customisable accessories, an Anti-Glare Matte Display and Dolby Atmos sound. They even have a new feature which reduces the amount of blue light emitted as it becomes night time.
The new TV range also has a completely new TV interface called Smart Hub which combines all the streaming services together in the one interface so users can move seamlessly between the different services, as well as other services and media.
Samsung says it’s created this new range to suit the evolving needs of how TVs are now being used in Australian homes because they’re not just for viewing movie – they can be used for work meetings, gaming and connecting with people as well. Samsung Electronics Vice President of Consumer Electronics, Jeremy Senior says: “Bigger screens, optimal sound quality and state-of-the-art picture quality remain of the highest priority for Australians as they look for premium at-home entertainment experiences.”
“Samsung’s Neo QLED TVs bring exceptional levels of colour and brightness to the viewing experience, producing a crisp and life-like picture, that can clearly be viewed in bright rooms, ideal for Australian living conditions,” he adds.
“The innovations Samsung brings to its range in 2022 allows Australians to have not just a TV, but a customisable and personalised screen that can be used to showcase and purchase art, experience content, work, play and connect with their favourite people,” Senior says.
What does the Neo QLED with its Neo Quantum Processor bring to the series?
The Neo Quantum Processor brings improved picture technology and sound to the TV series. With this processor, the TVs feature pristine, highly-detailed images and immersive soundscapes which Samsung says haven’t been available before for Australians.
The Neo Quantum Processor has a new Shape Adaptive Light technology which leverages the Processor’s AI algorithms to analyse lines, shapes and surfaces and control the shape of light from the Quantum Mini LED backlight, maximising the brightness and accuracy of shapes on the screen.
The result is a big leap in image quality which puts HDR content on full display, unlocking the enhanced 14-bit HDR processing which quadruples Neo QLED’s greyscale levels. Samsung states this all produces the most accurate image ever produced on a Samsung TV.
The Neo QLED also features Real Depth Enhancer, a multi-intelligence picture quality algorithm which creates a sense of realism by determining and processing an object on the screen against its background to create a sense of depth.
New feature reduces the blue light emitted by the TVs at night
Additionally, Samsung’s 2022 Neo QLED features the screen’s brightness and tone based on a built-in light sensor and sunset/sunrise information. As the ambient light changes, the screen will gradually reduce the amount of light and offer warmer tones, adjusting the blue light levels accordingly. This allows for a more comfortable viewing experience at night by reducing blue light.
The Neo QLED’s sound features have been upgraded as well – including the OTS or Object Tracking Sound which directs the sound to move across the room along with the object on-screen. The new TV range is the first to support Dolby Atmos with upwards and side-firing speakers for three dimensional sound without the need for peripheral devices.
As Senior says: “Samsung’s 2022 Neo QLEDs will offer Dolby Atmos directly out of the box. We are proud to incorporate industry-leading audio technology for an impressive three-dimensional sound experience. With multi-channel speakers placed throughout the TV, Neo QLED delivers a dynamic sound experience that tracks the actions from all corners.”
The new Smart Hub and apps can provide a whole new user experience
The Samsung 2022 smart TVs come with a new Smart Hub which puts content curation and discovery front and centre. This new Smart Hub allows users to have all of their favourite content on the one screen and they can seamlessly move between categories. For example, they can:
- Access all the leading streaming services including international apps like Paramount+, Netflix and Disney+ as well as local favourites such as Stan, Kayo and Binge and all the catch-up TV apps.
- Access free streaming TV with a variety of channels, including news, sports and entertainment. It’s 100% free and ready to use without additional setup required.
- Buy and trade artwork on the NFT Platform: Samsung has collaborated with the prominent NFT marketplace, Nifty Gateway, to bring the NFT experience to Samsung TV customers. The application features an integrated platform for discovering, purchasing and trading digital artwork on Neo QLED and The Frame.
- Smart Calibration: This feature allows users to fine tune the settings for optimal picture quality. Basic mode features a way of calibrating the screens within 30 seconds using a compatible smartphone camera, while Professional mode optimises the screens for picture quality in about 10 minutes.
Award-winning lifestyle TVs
Samsung’s 2022 Lifestyle screens blend design and technology for a more personalised experience. A new Anti-Glare Matte Display with anti-reflection and anti-fingerprint properties has been applied to The Frame, The Sero and The Serif, providing a better viewing experience. As a result, the new Anti-Glare Matte Display on Samsung’s 2022 Lifestyle screens received three verifications from UL.
- The Frame now offers a realistic art viewing experience outside of a museum thanks to the anti-glare, low-reflection panel technology featuring an embossed, Anti-Glare Matte Display. It also helps minimise fingerprints and smudges, allowing users to enjoy their favorite artwork in excellent condition. The Frame comes in sizes ranging from 32” to 85”.
- The Serif comes with a matte finish body to blend with the Anti-Glare Matte Display, elevating the iconic design to give a premium look and feel. With the addition of a 65” size option, The Serif is now offered in sizes ranging from 43” to 65”.
- The Sero offers an optimised watching experience with its new Matte Display in both vertical and horizontal modes and will now be available in both Blue and White coloured variants. The new vertical MultiView takes multitasking to the next level, allowing users to simultaneously view different content on the top and bottom of the screen, or search information online while watching.
“As with any living space, light can often be the biggest challenge as reflections can impact the way people view and enjoy art and images. With this in mind, Samsung has incorporated cutting-edge anti-glare and anti-reflection technology into the newest model of The Frame, The Serif and The Sero, providing a realistic experience for when utilising the TV in Art and Ambient Mode+,” concludes Senior.
More accessory options customisable to users’ needs
The 2022 Samsung TV models also come with more accessories to personalise the user experience. The Auto Rotating Wall Mount and Stand accessories allow compatible TVs to inherit the vertical viewing experience from The Sero, allowing users to enjoy mobile viewing by automatically rotating their screens all from the convenience of the remote control.
To complement the accessory, the 2022 products will support a vertical interface, including the Smart Hub, and offer a vertical Multi View feature. It will offer apps such as YouTube as well as mirroring and casting in vertical mode. Lastly, lifestyle features such as Ambient Mode+ and Art Mode are also available in vertical mode. The new rotation key on the remote control lets users rotate the screen with a click of a button.
Additionally, with magnetic bezel options for The Frame and new full motion slim-fit wall mounts for all TVs, there are even more possibilities for personalisation with Samsung’s 2022 screens.
The 2022 TV and accessories range is available now. For more information visit: samsung.com/au/
About Samsung Electronics: Samsung produces cutting-edge TVs, smartphones, wearable devices, tablets, digital appliances, network systems, memory, system LSI, foundry and LED solutions.
Comments are closed.