Electronic health record (EHR) refers to the presentation of the patient’s paper chart on a digital platform. EHR software enables information available instantly. EHR software keeps real-time records of patients. The information remains safe and secure with the EHR software and is provided only to the authorised users.
The EHR software is designed to contain all the medical and treatment histories of the patients. The EHR software is amazingly built to record even better than the manual clinical data. This can help in a clear and explained view of the patient’s health.
Benefits of EHR software
The benefits of EHR software are:
- The EHR software helps record patient’s medical history, the diagnosis, medicines given, and the treatment plan are correctly maintained by the software. The important dates are also recorded. The allergy records of the patient are noted down. The lab test results and radiology images are well recorded.
- The EHR software also provides access to evidence-based tools. These tools can be used to make decisions regarding the treatment of the patients.
- The EHR software system helps in the maintenance of an efficient work-flow. The work-flow can be automated with the help of the system.
- The software is providing up-to-date and complete information regarding the health of the patients.
- The EHR software also enables secure sharing of the information.
- One of the most essential benefits of EHR software system is that it allows quick sharing of information.
- The software helps in more effective diagnosis and treatment of the patients.
- The EHR software helps in keeping the prescriptions safe and trustworthy.
- The EHR software reduces the work-load of the health care professionals helping them to maintain their work-life balance.
- The billing is done more efficiently and correctly with the help of the EHR software. The process of billing becomes much more comfortable and simpler. Moreover, the software makes the process faster.
- The EHR software helps in reduction of costs, as the paperwork is completely reduced. This also enhances safety with no chances of anything going wrong.
Features of EHR software
One of the main features of the EHR software system is that the information provided about the health of the patients can be maintained and provided by the authorised member. This well-recorded information can also be used with other organisations, especially other health care organisations if such needs arise. The software is equipped with tools to easily share required data with laboratories, pharmacies, school and workplace clinics, specialists, etc.
Comments are closed.